Home Forums General Karting Discussion K1 and CRG already parting ways?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Cris Schureman 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Cris Schureman
    Participant

I have heard that K1 is not going to be the CRG importer any longer. Anyone else heard this? If it is true I guess the silly season started pretty early this year.

Also heard that a former importer is taking the deal on and it is not PSL.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Who cares I drive Margay made in USA.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Eric Stevens
    Participant

TJ Koyen

Who cares I drive Margay made in USA.

I would imagine most of K1’s customers would care, as well as anyone driving a CRG.

Why comment if you don’t care?

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Roger Ruthhart
    Participant

I don’t know anything about silly season, but I don know Ron White and his family are class act. Drivers can learn a lot under his tent!

Cris Schureman
    Participant

LOL “who cares”.  Probably a couple of dozen dealers in North America for starters. Add to that a couple of hundred people who own a CRG kart.

CRG will probably follow the OTK model. Factory owned inventory stored and distributed out of a warehouse direct to dealers. Partner up with someone that has experience to manage it. CRG captures the importer margin and all the dealers pay the same price. To the racer- probably harder to get a “deal”.

It is no secret that CRG’s market share eroded substantially after they pulled the plug on PSL.  I understand PSL’s biz has grown  this year with Birel. It is also no secret that CRG dealers are having a problem getting the parts they need in a timely manner under the current arrangement.

Tim Koyen
    Participant

According to the EKN article linked above, Ron White is providing trackside support for the racers, but CRG Nations, which appears to still be K1, is still the importer.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Cris Schureman
    Participant

RW is probably (my opinion) a stop gap and agreed to by more than just K1.

Total speculation until something solid is announced.

I do believe that CRG is making a major change. If this change happens and it improves parts availability and timely shipments it will be good.  I was asking if anyone else has heard anything- I guess not.

Maybe Walt’s eloquent response is the best “who cares”.

Stacey Cook
    Participant

Chris is correct, CRG has decided to open a warehouse in the U.S. which means they will not need an importer. Same concept as Tony Kart.

CRG USA will be making an official announcement soon of our plans for the future.

Thank you to all the great CRG customers and dealers that we have had the pleasure of dealing with the  past 4 years, Lots of great friends and lot’s of great memories.

Take care,

Stacey Cook
    CRG USA

Cris Schureman
    Participant

Well-

There you have it.  Thanks Stacey.

Can’t imagine what CRG was thinking in the first place when they canned the PSL / CRG USA model.  By my estimation it was the most successful deal they had going globally.  Now PSL is selling more Birel product than anticipated and it sounds like CRG-USA will soon be Brand X-USA.

That worked out well……………………..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication