Home Forums General Karting Discussion J3 Competition Compkart

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Brock Weiss 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brock Weiss
    Participant

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new Compkart from J3 Competition?

I have an OTK Kart right now and have been very happy with it that I bought from them.

I  am really torn on staying with OTK or switching over to the new Compkart but know nothing really about it other than J3 has the best tech/customer support in the business.

I just don’t know anything about the new Compkart other than it looks awesome! But awesome won’t win races. So the question is do I stay with a proven winner in OTK Kart or take a leap of faith and hope that the Compkart is just as good if not better

Anonymous

It cant hurt being different than everyone else. If your running good everyone will jump on the bandwagon. You will be way ahead of them if that happens.  Those guys do have great customer service.  I wish them all the best.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Couldn’t find any good pics, is it a secret what it looks like?

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Brock Weiss
    Participant

Walt, the Kart is the closest guarded secret next to the pentagon. However the kart looks awesome! There are only about four pics that I could find total and virtually there is no information on it!

I’m just going on the fact that J3 knows their stuff and it will be a solid chassis. Hopefully

Scottie Melancon
    Participant

I spoke to J3 about the kart and it sounds legit. The frame is their proprietary design built by BirelART.  At first I figured it was just a copy of the new Birel S7 chassis painted to match J3 livery, but after looking closer at some pics they sent it had some obvious differences. I noticed that the vertical supports for the fuel tank and steering column looked more like an OTK, so that in itself shows that it is a one off design and the fact that it is built to the quality standards in Lissone is great. Even if the frame shares some similarities to the S7 then that’s probably a good thing as the few S7’s and CompKART’s that raced at Super Nats all faired pretty well.  Apparently they get the frames shipped to the US bare and inspect and paint them here. 30 mm only. Black or Flor Yellow. They also decided to go with Freeline brakes. You can get the new 2015 one piece caliper brakes also. The remaining components are what they feel work best with the kart. Many of which are J3 developed and branded. These guys have a great reputation. I’m sure their karts are well thought out and developed. With J3 strong support it’ll be a sure winner. Ours ships tomorrow.

David Cole
    Keymaster

http://ekartingnews.com/2014/11/19/paddock-insider-mg-tires-skusa-supernationals-xviii/

Scroll to the bottom for a photo and information.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor -
    FB Tweet Inst

Brock Weiss
    Participant

Thanks for all of the information.  I decided to give up my OTK  kart and get the new CompKart.  I am confident I made the right choice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication