Home Forums Shifter Karts Is SKUSA moving away from the stock Honda?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  William Martin 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Carl Beavers
    Participant

Title says it all. Is SKUSA moving away from the stock Honda platform and going to spec another shifter motor? Heard some rumors but have not found anything concrete.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Carl Beavers.

William Martin
    Participant

Well, I sure don’t know, but that would be about the same as shooting off both feet…unless the supply of Honda engines became zero, that sounds like a silly idea.

Jim Campeau
    Participant

Google Iame shifter engines and see what’s available

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

I highly doubt it, with the classes as big as they are, and people happy with that formula, I think it’s all rumors.

People been talking about low supply for almost a decade now, they were doing the same thing back whey the 99 engine was ran, and no changes.

Car. Where did you hear this at? Unless there is a headline news or announcement about it from Tom or a supplier I would have a hard time believing it. This formula is still very strong and still growing fast.

Charles Skowron
    Participant

Forward the interview from 3 weeks ago and start at 24:20 . I think the answer is pretty obvious, from Tom himself.

Superkarts! USA Video: TOMversation – SKUSA Pro Tour SpringNationals

Carl Beavers
    Participant

Exacting what I was looking for. Thanks!

William Martin
    Participant

Hmm, well, change happens. Usually somebody’s ox gets gored in the process, hope Tom can pull off a good compromise when the time comes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication