Home Forums Chassis & Handling is my spindle no good?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bryan 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bryan
    Participant

I noticed this when I was cleaning my kart after last nights club race. Its not a broken weld its just like the flat part separated from the round part of the spindle the right of the actual weld. the other side is flush and does not have a separation. I don’t know how long its been like that but don’t think it affected handling see as how I finished first in both heats and the main. Also it is a Margay chassis and we race on an asphalt sprint track. Thanks

bryan
    Participant

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Hey, Bryan!

This is Fast Freddy

Just weld it and you’re good to go, no biggie at all

It probably cracked from going too fast, I noticed as I couldn’t catch you

Something had to give Lol. ( Man you were flying!!! )

Another thing to look for is your spindle bearings, they do brake, remove the tie rod ends from spindle and move the spindle side by side, also make the tire straight, grab it and try to move it up and down, if it has significant amount of play

Replace the spindle bearings and king pins.

Hope that helps?

Good race, last Saturday night, Buddy, good job.

bryan
    Participant

Thanks Freddy, although I don’t think your going to let me get away with it so easy next race. Should be fun with a big field.

I checked for play and I have hardly any up and down movement. I might could find a tig welder in town that can tack that back on for me. I wanted to have Orville check my alignment and all that with a laser anyways this weekend.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.