Home Forums 250 Superkarts Input on CRF250 GP2009 chassis buy

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Degulis 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Hello everyone!,

I’m looking to buy this 2009 GP Chassis with a freshly rebuild CRF250.

The guy bought the frame brand new, never wrecked, no welds, no bends he said. I’ll go and check it out in person given that’s only about 2 hrs. away from San Jose.

He’s asking price went from 3800 to 3300. I’m placing a link where you can see a shot of it along with my other Kart. I apologize for not being able to separate the pics, but I’m new to this forum and I’m not very good at computers and there are a couple of things I’m still trying to figure out.

Please tell what you think of the kart, chassis and engine and also price.

Thank you in advance!!

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Please click on the square to see the pics.

Thank you!.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

The new CRF250 engine kit from Honda HPD is $5500 for a new fuel injected engine. If it’s a professional instalation and everything is in good shape it’s a good deal. The CRFs are a cool ride. Lots of bottom end grunt and almost no power band to speak of if you mis a gear you can just power through. I started with the 250 then went to the 450 HANG ON!!!!!

Brian

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Hey Brian!,

Thanks for your opinion on this one too!. Man this thing is addictive!!!, I’ve got to stop checking Craigslist or I’ll end up with go karts in my living room!.LOL

Thanks again.

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Hey Brian, the guy says the engine has been fully rebuilt with 4 hrs. on it and it’s a 2008. I’d like to hear from you, your input is important for me given that you may  have lots of experience in crf250′s (everybody with experience in this engines is very welcome).

You were mentioning that the new package is $5,500 (2014). Now with this 2008 freshly rebuilt  by him (the seller) I’m wonder if it still sounds like a good deal.

Thanks for your help!.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

The engine kit new is $5500. Your talking the complete kart. IMO if it was a professional instalation and rebuild and assuming the kart’s in decent shape it sounds like a good deal.

It has some value because they’re arent many around. It looses some value because in most parts of the country there is no class to race them. If you look at EKN classic there is a thread on the CRF250.

Brian

Greg Cavouras
    Participant

The kart looks like a reasonably nice unit.  That said, and not wanting to start a big debate about it, I’m going to suggest that unless you have your heart set on a 250F you’d be happier picking up a 125.

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

That’s a good suggestion, My question is: in a sprint track would a cr125 stock match a CRF250 also stock?. In a long run is obvious a 250 engine will win, but maintenance talking a CRF is easier and shifting wise CRFs’ owners say is less shifting.

Thanks for your advice!

Brian Degulis
    Participant

A lot less shifting with a CRF250 but they aren’t as fast as a CR125. I think the HP is about the same but the CRF is heavier and it’s hard to get the kart balanced. The maintenance IMO is a tos up. The CRF is more complex to re build but they go longer than the CR’s and parts are everywhere.

The CRF 450 (around 12 lbs heavier than the CRF 250) will kill a 125 anything.

Brian

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.