Home Forums General Karting Discussion Iame Parilla Leopard issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jim Derrig 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David hofflinger
    Participant

Okay, so I had the kart running and stupid me forgot to put the small o rings on for the cylinder head bolts…Coolant leaked out while running and went into the cylinder and stopped the motor. Now I dried everything out and now the motor will only turn over…it won’t coma bust so I’m back to squar one. And today after I’d crank it the starter stopped engaging…I assumed it was a bad battery and bad starter so I got a new starter and battery…still doesn’t work. The motor turns over but the starter won’t engage to grabs the clutch. In all honesty I’ve never worked on anything so temperamental and confusing. Also when the starter did engage it make a metal grinding kind of noise.

Jim Derrig
    Participant

see my response to “iame leopard starting issues” close to this topic you just started.

I don’t think the coolant leak is the issue.  As a boat owner I’ve literally drowned motors, pulled them off the bottom of the lake, dried them out, started them up and proceeded to run for years with no issues.  You can check the compression, but I’m willing to bet that nothing was significantly harmed.

I think you are back to square one because you never really left it.  You apparently have a weak or intermittent spark and are a bit over your head because you lack familiarity with the motor, and you need to pull in some outside HANDS ON help beyond diagnosis by internet remove control.  Presently you are in “throw parts at it and hope” mode, and that seldom is cheap or effective.

Walt has offered to help and here is the email for the iame dealer in NJ:

p1-karting@hotmail.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication