Home Forums TaG IAME Parilla Dragon

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ron LaFollette 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ian Bushey
    Participant

Just browsing the IAME website I saw this motor (http://iame.it/index.php?option=com_motors&Itemid=18&lang=en&section=motor&id=22&pass=si), it looks like a hybrid X30 and Leopard MY09 but is making 3 more horsepower than the X30 and 6 more than the Leopard. So has anyone tried it seen a dyno or even heard anything about it? I think its safe to guess its not a U.S. motor but I’m still curious.

Larry Stevens
    Participant

Not legal for Tag in IKF or WKA!

Ian Bushey
    Participant

I guess I wasn’t blatantly clear with “I think its safe to guess its not a U.S. motor but I’m still curious.” By which I meant that i think it isn’t even available through open distribution in the U.S.  I’m well aware that it is neither IKF SKUSA WKA or USPKS motor and i know no local club runs it near me.

Steen Carstensen
    Participant

Italian Motors did carry the Dragon engine, don’t know if they have any in stock, but you could give them a call.

http://italianmotorsusa.myshopify.com/collections/engines-complete-parilla/products/dragon-125cc

Jim Derrig
    Participant

A couple of heavier guys have run Dragons in the SIMA masters class.  It’s the the Nordam direct drive engine but with a clutch, which is pretty much the Leopard bottom end with a special head.  No relation to the X30 that I can see.

Not a lot of low end, but when SIMA ran the high speed track configurations the Dragons were untouchable, even with a substantial weight penalty.  I think it would be dominating in road racing. TaG USA recognizes it as an option for “IAME only classes” like the IAME cup.  But other than club racing at SIMA, I haven’t seen or heard of it being used anywhere in North America.

Jim Russell, Jr
    Participant

We have one left in stock if anyone is interested in a fun motor to play with.

Ron LaFollette
    Participant

I have one of these top ends (cylinder, head, new piston, & header) ready for break-in. Just install it on a 09 Leopard bottom & you will have one. $500.00 shipped PayPal add 3%…

Ron

Email: oldblindwelder@yahoo.com

Ron LaFollette
    Participant

I have one of these top ends (cylinder, head, new piston, & header) ready for break-in. Just install it on a 09 Leopard bottom & you will have one. $500.00 shipped PayPal add 3%… Ron Email: oldblindwelder@yahoo.com

Make Offer…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication