Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing HPV/KPV maintenance

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Finch Guenther 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Paul Hir
    Participant

I recently purchased a KPV/HPV, just curious what type of maintenance people do prior to the season and where you purchase parts?

Stu Hayner
    Participant

Paul,

You’ve just bought one of the easiest and lowest maintenance cost engines in karting.

If the engine is sound now – it should be good all year w/o much, if any maintenance.

If you don’t know how many hours on it – have an engine builder look at it.

If you’re going to leave it sit over the winter and you can’t bring it inside, put a little Marvel Mystery oil thru the carb as it’s running – shut off – then put a teaspoon of MMO in the spark plug hole. Run the cylinder up and down a few strokes – then bag it in plastic. Moisture will hurt any engine if it’s not well lubed.

If you need ANYTHING for the engine, give me a shout. I have bins of new and good used parts for the HPV. That engine is 95% of what we run out here in the F100 series.

MDG Karting
    714 928-5278 shop
    714 305-6123 my cell.

Stu

Paul Hir
    Participant

Stu,

I plan on doing a gasket change on the Carb, would you suggest changing the gaskets on the engine? It has been sitting for a while but is suppose to be newly rebuilt/blueprinted.

Finch Guenther
    Participant

I personally would have my builder take a look at it before running the engine. At the very least I would pull the head and check the condition of the cylinder.

Finch Guenther

#51 CRG KPV

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication