Home Forums Tech Talk How to remove Clutch on a Yamaha KT 100

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Walt Gifford 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi There,

Just new in the sport…need help on removing the clutch on a Yamaha KT 100 I’ve been reading you guys forum and doing so… I’m learning  a lot.   I couldn’t find any topic regarding clutch removal here, You Tube, Racing the Yamaha KT 100’s book.  Does anyone have a spare Clutch puller for sale ?  Got an advice on the kind of clutch to get dry or wet and number of disk…with regards to my weight 185lbs. Wet clutch and 3 disk  I was told and also I read from you guys.  3 disk is best…does not put too much strain on the KT 100 engine.   Where can I get a 3 disk wet clutch ? I can only pay via Paypal  I haven’t looked in the classified ads. BTW I haven’t been in a Kart in almost 20 years…planning to join the F100 series and I hear that 360lbs limit in the senior class. Would this clutch be allowed ? Also the engine has a 3 hole can.  There’s a lot to read  I know and any help from you guys would highly be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Stu Hayner

Hi John,

Bring it down (orange) and I’ll get your old clutch off. I will check in the morning to see what KT clutches I have available. No matter what, I can get you up and running.

Give me a call or text me at 714 305-6123.

1657 N Glassell St
    Orange, Ca 92867
    714 928-5278 shop.

Walt Gifford

You need to get the clutch puller and holding wrench that was made for your clutch. After that it’s pretty easy.

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication