Home Forums General Karting Discussion How to get chassis set up info?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Savage 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rod Hawkins
    Participant

I run a Birel R31, but when that is sidelined, I have a Margay Brava 1.4 chassis that I just started running a HPV/KPV3 class. I am running 360 lbs wt limit (I am 180 lb). No one in my area seems to carry Margay so I am having a hard time finding out how to set up my chassis. Just looking for a good starting point.

Front and rear track-width?
    Front torsion bar? What setting?
    Run my rear torsion bar or tube or go without?
    Run left inner frame bar or not?
    Run my 3rd bearing or let it float?

next race is at super slick Calspeed at Fontana. Running YLC tires and 40mm rear axle.

Thank you

John Savage
    Participant

Try this:

http://eknclassic.com/viewtopic.php?t=16096&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=Brava+setup&start=15

If you want more just search the Classic Forum, its a fabulous resource

Rod Hawkins
    Participant

John. Thanks for the link.

Little more info

Front track is 46″
    Rear track is 54″

James McMahon
    Participant

Rod have you called Margay? I’m sure they would be happy to give you some pointers over the phone too.

Rod Hawkins
    Participant

thanks for all the replies guys.  I sent Margay an email and they sent me back a detailed email on how to set it up.  I was also put in contact (by someone on this board) with someone who lives in my area and has had a lot of success running a Margay and knows how to get it dialed in.

John Savage
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Rod Hawkins wrote:</div>
    thanks for all the replies guys. I sent Margay an email and they sent me back a detailed email on how to set it up. I was also put in contact (by someone on this board) with someone who lives in my area and has had a lot of success running a Margay and knows how to get it dialed in.

Great result – the power of ekartingnews in action!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.