Home Forums Tech Talk How interchangeable are rotors and other parts?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  William Martin 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CanineCommando
    Participant

I just got an old Parolin racing kart (cik fia 212 CH08, think it’s this http://www.parolinstore.com/files/download/OMOLOGATION_Fiche_Parolin_Eurostar/Omologation_CIK-FIA/Omologation_CIK-FIA_2003-2008/Parolin_212-CH-08.pdf
    And I need a new rotor since the one on it is warped pretty heavily. I also want to pick up a brake disc and drive chain guard. Where is the best place to buy parts for karts? Do I have to buy them from parolin in Italy or are things pretty interchangeable inside classes?

William Martin
    Participant

I have one from about that vintage, for parts you might try Russell Karting, (russellkarting.com) they are the Parolin contact for USA. There isn’t anything unique about non-floating brake rotors, the mounting pattern is kind of standard, just measure the diameter and thickness of the rotor and match that with the new one. Now someone will point out a pathological case! Plenty of places to find bolt-on rotor guards, just realize that nothing is bullet proof, if you hit it with a big enough bullet!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication