Home Forums Road Racing Horstman clutch adjusters

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Johnson 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Kelly Read
    Participant

I have people who have contacted me wanting to know if I have or know where they can get some external clutch adjusters as they can’t find any. I bought HEGAR MFG out a couple of years ago so I’m looking to see what the demand is for needing external clutch adjusters. If you are needing some let me know.  If you know racers who run the Horstman axle clutch that may not get on EKN to see this post, I ask you to bring it to there attention PLEASE. If I can get enough people needing them I think I can persuade Hegar to make a run on them.

If you know someone rather an individual or kart shop that has them let us know here and I can pass the word onto the others.

THE MAN

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Is there availability of any other parts out there?  Disks, floaters, springs?

alan brasher
    Participant

…have  floaters, discs, springs yellow and black, and the little adj. tool, for sale

Kelly Read
    Participant

Bruce,

Been getting the FOX springs from Russell karting.

As for floaters and discs, I have text Ric mcDade to answer this as he is working on this.

Ric mcDade
    Participant

Bruce, we are making hubs, pressure plates, floaters, right now. Perfect stuff with no problems. Floater/pressure plates in different thicknesses. Disk are a different story. We are on our fourth material, none with the consistency we want, but getting closer. Should be good to go by racing season.

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Ric – You Da Man – but not “THE MAN”.  Only one of those 😉

I’ll be giving you a shout about the parts.

Alan – see your PM.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Bruce,

EASY there big fellow!!!!

Ric already has a BIG head since Lindsay showed him just how fast his tag kart WOULD go with the RIGHT DRIVER by winning Daytona. LOL

I will say that the floaters they are making are FANTASTIC!!! What I had in her laydown kart at Daytona.

Ric mcDade
    Participant

OMG, as my 7 year old daughter would say! I’m not going into how meticulously prepared I had the kart, or how bad fast it was, when you picked it up. I’m just going to say that both of your prices just went up for making fun of me.

Bill Johnson
    Participant

Chris Hegar made a small run of them for the enduro clutch, about 10 sets 2 years ago.    I had to wait about 6 months for them to get geared up to make them but he did get them made.   I bought one set of them.

I have 2 New sets for the Horstman Sprint axle clutch for sale I got from Haddock.   They are different than the enduro clutch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication