Home Forums Tech Talk Hoosier R60 Tire Pressure

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  johnny brooks 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

David McDowell
    Participant

Is anyone seeing inconsistencies in the wear of tires?

A competitor and I have ran the same set for the first three races and traded off first and seconds back and forth. At the end of the third race day my tires are still soft and have a large amount of rubber left on them. Theirs is hard as wood with very little rubber left on them.

I think this may be being caused by us running different tire pressures but am unsure.

Jeff Wesell
    Participant

Age of tires, chassis setup, driving styles as well as air pressure would be contributing factors.

From our experience, the Hoosiers have been the most consistent tires we’ve ever ran. And they have excellent customer service.

Our starting point is 13psi. (Road Racing, TaG)

David McDowell
    Participant

Jeff,

I was thinking the same thing regarding the set up, driving style , and tire pressure. The other competitor was going off on how the two tires appeared to have different compounds. So I figured I would ask the questions and see if anyone else had experienced any problems. I know that they were running 12 front and 13 rear while I was running 13.5 front and 15.5 rear for pressures.

Thanks,

David

James McMahon
    Participant

R60 or R60A?

This might seem like semantics but the R60 is much older than the R60A. Different sidewall construction and compound. I think the R60 was stopped two years ago.

Justin Bloxham
    Participant

Our club is using the R60 as of this year (after testing both the R60 and R60A) and have seen good performance. During testing we were actually surprised at the number of laps that the tire held consistency before “dropping off”. The “A” tire would wear much faster.

David McDowell
    Participant

Our club and most clubs associated with IKF should be running the R60 this year, since it is the spec tire of the series.

johnny brooks
    Participant

R60 or R60A?

This might seem like semantics but the R60 is much older than the R60A. Different sidewall construction and compound. I think the R60 was stopped two years ago.

Not so.
    R60 and R60A are just two different compounds.

http://www.hoosiertire.com/karttire.htm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.