Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Briggs LO206 Hilliard Fury on TonyKart 401s

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  William Weiler 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

William Weiler
    Participant

My builder gave me a 14t gear with a 57 sprocket and it is geared way too low. So I decided to try and go up a tooth in the gear. He built this Kart with a complete used engine and didn’t even know what the clutch was when I asked. I finally identified my clutch as a Hilliard Fury with an accessory clutch bell with the gear mounted outboard, instead of the stock inboard bell. The bell has the gear welded on. I think this arrangement gets the LO206 drivetrain to fit the TonyKart with my XL seat. I don’t know how to modify this to a larger gear. Maybe it’s better to start from scratch. Can someone recommend a clutch that will fit a TonyKart 401s and a XL Tillet seat?

TonyKart 401s LO206
    Masters Class
    Morgan Hill, CA

Morgan Schuler
    Participant

Cambrian Go Karts (www.cambriangokarts.com) could probably help you out. You need to find a shop or somebody at the track that will help you better.

If you’re not on Facebook you should join just for the various LO206 groups: “West Coast Briggs 206 Racing” and “Briggs LO 206 Racers” are a couple. You’ll get answers faster on there.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Yes, just start from scratch, that engine may be getting tired, besides it leaks oil, and it seems to have a few issues.

I have a brand new complete package, with everything you need to just bolt on and go, and with a mount that you can adjust however you want, Plus I will set up for the correct clutch driver gear, and rear sprocket. And carb/float adjustments.

I tell you, it is kind of nice to know you are the one guy that was doing the engine break-in process.

We are going to CalSpeed tomorrow. Interested?

William Weiler
    Participant

I bought an impact wrench and took off the clutch bell. Research on the Internet showed is a Bully conversion, so I was able to order the Bully gears. Ironically, the gearing was okay at 14t/57t for practicing at Blue Max in Davis, but still too low for Atwater. I got a 15t/57t, still too low, so I am trying a 16t next week.

TonyKart 401s LO206
    Masters Class
    Morgan Hill, CA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication