Home Forums General Karting Discussion help for a newbie – hotlapping

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  michael smith 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

michael smith
    Participant

thanks for the invite. i had a great time. seeing the twin engine vintage karts out on the track was cool.

i also bought a bunch of stuff  i needed for not a lot of money. im now a fan of swapmeets.

michael smith
    Participant

update :-

I finally got my Kart together and went to the track.im running a 196cc clone honda.  my $175 seat was not supportive enough and i was fighting the kart in the turns- bad. i did 5 laps and called it a day.

i put a  seat in it that offered more support , lowered the front, and ran the middle (third) bearing loose. it made a world of difference.I went back to the track and  i was able to get around the track and feel like i was in control and not just along for the ride and hanging on for dear life in   the turns.

i was consistently running 52.40s-52.60s by the end of the day. record for the class i will eventually run is 45.xx so i have a long way to go.

i think because of my weight and the lowered front, the chassis was scrubbing the bolts in the turns(kerbs) so much so that one of the bolts holding the aluminum foot plate in front ground off a bolt and came loose. the other one was about to come loose as well. Is there a solution for this?

thanks to all here who offered help

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.