Home Forums Shifter Karts Hegar Honda starter

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Curtis Cooksey 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mike Burrill
    Participant

I’d like to add Hegar electric start to CR 125 but can’t find one for sale.  Does anyone have pictures of the actual mechanism how the starter is connected to the Rotor?  I think I could recreate one if I knew what it looked like.

If you have some pics, or one to sell let me know .

haphazard    Ate -e   Comcast .       net

Mike Burrill -
    Karting Kartel

Chris Hegar
    Participant

How many pics would you like?

Mike Burrill
    Participant

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your offer.  Just photos of the mechanics of how it works.  I am curious how you transfer power from the Starter motor to the crankshaft and how you disengage the drive.   I sent you an email about buying one and that is the route I would rather take so I hope in a couple months you have more for sale.  Never the less I am interested in how it works. so if you can send pics I would appreciate it.  Thanks, Mike Burrill

Mike Burrill -
    Karting Kartel

Timothy Strawkas
    Participant

Something like this ,

http://www.vxb.com/CSK8-One-way-Sprag-Freewheel-Backstop-Clutch-p/Kit8176.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiAuea1BRCbn-2n7PbLgEMSJAABQvTTyKSmzkiruwrFvxG8bYxhWhKGmQAnlVxqovwjhi58sRoCQrrw_wcB

Would get it started. Just have to find one that will handle 13,000 RPMS!

I would imagine Chris makes his own!? I’ve wanted to make one also, Or just buy  the parts from Hegar website, But his contact info doesn’t get answered. So I am assuming he doesn’t sell the individual parts?? If you Do Chris, how do I get ahold of you?

Chris Hegar
    Participant

Contact info doesn’t get answered? I disagree, I personally answer every email on a daily basis. Hegar4@Comcast.net for a direct question or machine files, 503-659-1234 8-4 pacific time I am always here. No I’m sorry we will not sell parts and pieces unless we are supporting one of our starters in the field. Selling pieces for custom builds can lead to others thinking we made an inferior product if it’s seen and not reliable or just plain old ugly. We also offer excellent support for what we make, our customers are all close friends or we like to think they are. In repeating what we tell all callers about the starter which included Mike the other day, when we have open machine time we will produce this item again but as of now production parts for mainstream industry have us tied up. We are hoping to be able to offer starters again very soon, please keep in touch on a monthly basis and I will update our position.

Mike Burrill
    Participant

I’m 1st in line with $$ in hand.  Crank up the production!!!!!

Mike Burrill -
    Karting Kartel

Timothy Strawkas
    Participant

I am truly sorry for how the post sounded, What I should have said/ worded   is that I have not personally called but I have used the online form for contact with questions and never got A response.  I did not mean for it to sound as I was Saying that you never respond to anyone, just to me.

I could see Just A Part being blamed for A whole product as A whole, But I like to tinker with stuff. Its A passion. I may even buy the parts to do the project then A yr from then, buy the complete kit. I’ve done that A time or two. Anyway keep us informed.

Curtis Cooksey
    Participant

I have one on my kart that works great! We have also sold a few of them to happy customers. Hopefully Hegar’s can make some more soon!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication