Home Forums Rotax Max Has anybody used acceleration kart racing to rebuild a rotax?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian Sarmiento 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to perform a top end rebuild and a general check up of a dd2. I just bought the kart and the guy told me approx. the hours on it. I’d like to start fresh and count the hrs. myself plus get a general check up of the entire engine.

Doing some research I found Acceleration Kart Racing, which they seem to have so far the best rates and I spoke to one of the Techs named Josh and the guy seemed very nice and took the time to answer all my questions.

Has anybody had any work done by them?. any feedback?

Thanks!

Daniel White
    Participant

Have never had engine work done by them (I live in the southeast) but have occasionally ordered stuff from them. I would order more often, but Comet’s shipping is so quick (albeit expensive), and inventory so extensive, that I seldom have to call Acceleration. During the holidays they offer free shipping and other promotions, which is a great deal.

All this to say I really like Acceleration, and if I lived on the left side I would certainly give them more of my business.

Mike Bray
    Participant

I’m very interested in this thread.  I have been to Acceleration Karting and they certainly have a nice facility staffed with really nice people.  I haven’t had one of my Rotax serviced by them but I’m considering it.  I believe they were one of the first Rotax service centers in America.

The next time I’m on vacation in Vegas I’m going to stop in again and talk Rotax!

Thor Mauthe
    Participant

Being that AKR is the local shop for us Vegas racers I’m a huge fan of theirs. Curtis and everyone at the shop are great people and will do it right. I was looking at having my son’s Mico fixed there but actually ended up buying a Mini for him since it was going to almost cost just as much. (Long story about that other motor)  They know what they are doing. Hell, JD and some of the other are even helping my wife  getting my son on track while I’m out of town. They’ll be the only ones I’ll have working on my engine. In my opinion you can’t go wrong.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

I bought a used kart from them. It arrived on time and the condition was better than they described. I’ve used them for parts frequently and always a good experience. I would not hesitate to use they’re services.

Brian

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Thanks to all of you!. I’ll send them the engine and I’ll keep you posted with the results.

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

For the records, I received my engine back from Acceleration Kart Racing (took them 7 calendar days to get it done, reasonable to me) along with a bunch of parts that I ordered and all the replaced parts (that’s always nice).

These guys are GREAT and HONEST, Communication is fantastic and their pricing , (even with shipping back and forth) was way better than my local shop.

Josh Michalovsky (mechanic / tech support) is the person I’ve been dealing with, very nice guy, he even sent me pics of how to hook up a wire that I forgot where it was going!. Can’t ask for more! Thanks to all of you who recommended this shop!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.