Home Forums Chassis & Handling Haase Chassis sagging, will diff model sag too?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Martin 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

scott mandel
    Participant

So below is a link for the chassis I have now (IKON) which is sagging in the middle (scraping and sparking and flat tubed) and the replacement that I got for cheap (CORSA/SPIRIT)

http://eknclassic.com/news_info.php?n=17389&sid=35d797f5f5fcba39d0b07ecd229ee29a

so it says the IKON is for heavier drivers and I already must be too heavy! I’m 180 lbs. So I guess this SPIRIT is not going to work for me? We run in masters on MG Reds and 385 lbs minimum weight with Rotax Sr.

I was planning on swapping all my parts over to the SPIRIT but now having second thoughts. i got it used and it looks OK but i don’t really know the history of it.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  scott mandel.

William Martin
    Participant

180 doesn’t sound too heavy for a 30/32 tube chassis. Seems odd that it would be sagging…could it be cracked somewhere hard to see?

scott mandel
    Participant

ok cool. i started swapping over the parts last night.

my ikon (32mm outer tubes) doesn’t have any cracks; its just sagging in the middle and the tube is getting flattened from grinding on pavement.

So i put my parts on the SPIRIT (30mm outer tubes). My friend that used to import haase says the SPIRIT will have more grip than the ikon and the ikon was looser/freer. But he also said not to worry about the sag but i’m sparking a lot in the IKON so i just figured i got the SPIRIT and might as well try it. All the components carry over to it so seems like a good experiment.

Matt Martin
    Participant

Consider running frame protectors?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication