Home Forums General Karting Discussion Growth in karting through LO206 in Western CO and eastern UT?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Schlosser 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Richard Gordon
    Participant

Can karting grow with LO206? Seems like this is a great way to get your feet wet before jumping into more expensive TaG class. Only a handful at our local track and not a lot in any other class either. I know for me that the expense was keeping me out of it for a few years. Then came the LO206 and they use a $100 set of tires for an entire season. Woo hoo, I’m in! Bought 2 karts so my son and can both race. Not a lot or any promotion for the class here. Our track did offer free entry fee and a new kart suit to the winner to attract some racers from the Denver area, but none showed up. Only people that know about it already race. A few have moved down from TaG because of the expense, but we are the only brand new racers there right now. I tried drumming up interest with a CL ad hopingit might get some people interested. Might try and take our karts to a few car shows in the area next summer too. Not sure what else to try? It’s not my track or club, but would like to spread the word and get some more karts out there. 4 cycle is not the most popular thing here. All the kid’s classes run Comer or Rotax. Here is link to the ad I posted: http://westslope.craigslist.org/snw/5280566357.html
    Any other ideas appreciated. Think this class could help save karting in our area. We had a big dirt stock car scene here, but the track closed last year. Would think some of those guys and gals would be interested in karting, but don’t know if any have ever been to the kart track? None of the drivers are racing karts right now.

Cole Liggett
    Participant

I had a hard time tracking down the schedule for GJMS last season. By the time I had found the schedule I had already missed the only race I could have made it to. The GJMS website is nice but it was kind of hard to navigate and almost impossible to find any info on.

Richard Gordon
    Participant

Yeah, their schedule only comes up if you open the site on a computer.  Doesn’t work on any mobile device.  Not even on a tablet with wifi.  The schedule is usually up on the Colorado Karter Portal though.

Cole Liggett
    Participant

I’m over in grand junction this weekend so I stopped in and talked to them, apparently they have a new website that should be online soon. I took a rental kart out and had a blast, I love the layout. I will be making every effort to come race with you guys this summer.

Richard Gordon
    Participant

Glad to hear that they are working on the web site. The track is a lot of fun and they run both directions. Hope to see you out there next year. My son and I will try to make all the races.

Dan Schlosser
    Participant

Without fail the best venues for finding new racers year after year were the new car show and World of Wheels each winter. Sometimes they’ll donate space to local racers displaying their karts/cars/etc. I would think Grand Junction would be there already though.

We also had success with local car cruise type of events such as Cars & Coffee.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication