This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tony zambos 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jerad Lang
    Participant

I was able to get my firmware updated.  The last two times at the track the gps works great for the first session or two and then stops working the rest of the day.  No speed, no lap times etc.  any ideas what could cause this as it’s happened to track days in a row

tony zambos
    Participant

Check the battery level and the number of satellites. If you are running off the battery in the M4, you’re gong to use a lot of 9 volt batteries. Replace when the voltage gets near 7v. Another option would be to run the power cables from the hub to the engine battery.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Jerad Lang
    Participant

Hi Tony

Ive currently got the gps wired back to the kart battery.  First session is anywhere between 6-9 satellites and then it pretty much doesn’t pick up any as the day goes on

tony zambos
    Participant

Other than voltage and the number of satellites, there isn’t much else preventing the module from working. You might be at location that has poor satellite coverage. I’m assuming that the GPS module is located on the top of your fairing. Look at your data in Race Studio. Compare working and non-working sessions. Six satellites is a weak signal. Look for the number of satellites going to zero intermittently which should indicate a broken cable or connector.
    Ask your competitors if they have the same issue.

tony zambos
    Participant

A couple of more thoughts. Your gauge should be at firmware level 31.59.32 and the GPS module at 35.45. Have you loaded a track map into the module or have you set the start/finish manually and had the module learn the track. How many tracks are stored on the module? If there are more tracks stored in the module than you need, clear them out.

Jerad Lang
    Participant

Thank you Tony. I’ll check this out and start narrowing it down. I set the beacons manually. The aim program didn’t have our kart track on it. I might redo some wiring connections as well.

tony zambos
    Participant

OK. I have to ask, have you modified some of the AIM connectors?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication