This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ambrose Buldo 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Craig Drabik
    Participant

I’ve been using AlpineStars gloves forever, but starting with my last pair I’m getting bad blisters.  Another driver I know with the same gloves gets the same blisters, so I’m on the lookout for new gloves.

Anyone have any they really love, particularly if you’ve had problems with blisters in the past?

Stu Hayner
    Participant

Craig,

After racing karts for a good part of 30 years, I was introduced to the FreeM Spiders the beginning of this year.

I was given a pair to try for the weekend, but loved them the first session out.

They come in red / blue / black (and more), but red is the most popular (the driver behind can see your hands when you signal)

They only cost $99. and are well worth it.

Give me a text or call if you can’t find them locally.

Stu 714 305-6123

Ryan Ouellette
    Participant

I switched from the Alpinestars to Freem this year.  Much better glove.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

If you don’t want to spend $100 the Impact gloves are pretty good.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

TJ Koyen

Hey Craig,

After using the FreeM, Sparco, and Alpinestars gloves in the past, this year Oktane Visual debuted our new glove. I’ve been using them all year and have been really happy with their performance and durability.

Just another option. They retail for 79.99.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Aaron Hachmeister
    Participant

TJ – you sell them in pink by any chance? I’ve been looking for an upgrade in my driving gear for a while now and pink gloves are on the list

TJ Koyen

Aaron,

We don’t have pink in our line up of standard color/design gloves, but we can do custom gloves and do anything you want. Those are 99.99.

If you’re interested, shoot me an email at tj@oktanevisual.com

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Charles Kaneb
    Participant

http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-rocket-velocity-gloves

Those worked very well when a Volkswagen punted me off my motorcycle on a Texas street a few years ago. Nice abrasion resistance and thermal insulation.

Ambrose Buldo
    Participant

Like Charles, I am a big fan of the motorcycle gloves. They are much more durable, much less expensive and most importantly offer more protection. I don’t recall which model Cycle glove I am using (Think it was an on sale/Closeout Revzilla Sourced Glove).

It is perforated leather and had vents to help keep hands cool. It also has hard knucke and finger protection. If you go for a tumble, these will help save your skin and protect your bones. They are just as comfortable (Pre-Curved) as racing gloves with no diminished comfort and feel.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication