Home Forums General Karting Discussion George Moreland

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bret Moreland 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Benn Herr

To many of you West Coast karters, I’m sad to announce that George Moreland has died. Only 72 years old, his heart couldn’t keep up with him anymore. He was a regular at many SWK, SCK, NCK, and IKF events. As much as he loved racing, he loved being with racing people the most.

There are some pictures here:

Thank you George, for being my friend.

Gino Giannopoulos

George was a great friend.

So many paths he crossed with so many racers for so many years.

He just wanted to race, be at the track and drive where ever to next big race was held.

Always with a coke in his hand and words of wisdom coming from his mouth.

Thank you George, I will miss you..

Debbie Kuntze

And that wonderful smile of his!

George you will be greatly missed-say hi to Julie for me!

Bret Moreland

Thank you Benn and everyone for the kind words about my Uncle George.  He had been a part of karting since the 60’s.  He got me into the sport in the late 70’s, I left for a couple of decades, and he got me back into it a few years ago.  I loved going to the track with him.  He loved being at the track and especially around other karters.  He was the best and I will always remember our last outing a couple of months ago at Buttonwillow.  I am not sure how I will be able to manage at the track without his friendship, knowledge, experience and help.  He taught me so much about setup and tuning, he was the best and my tuner, mechanic, coach and most of all MY FRIEND.  He will be missed!!!
    Check out these other photos on Benn’s site.

Benn the last photo in your tribute is so George and we should all remember him that way. Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication