--> Gas Animal Build – ekartingnews

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Matthews 4 years ago.

• Author

david buck
    Participant

I have access to a complete LO206 that has worn Cam. I am thinking about breaking it open and using it to build the Animal to race IKF.

I see/hear the difference is the connecting rod, cam, ignition, carb jetting. Can anyone tell me if there are more differences (valves, springs, piston, crank…..)? Should I junk everything but the case and head and replace everything?

John Matthews
    Participant

The LO206 should be a great start for this. The WKA rules are here, hopefully the IKF rules aren’t too different but if they are let me know:

http://worldkarting.com/downloads/Section_705%20Pro%20Gas%20Gold%20Cup.pdf

Of course you will have to change the coil. I would go with a billet rod since the rules allow, and you have to run the spec cam. Other than that it should be a fairly straightforward rebuild.

Just inspect everything else and replace what you have to. It’s supposed to be an economical class I think so I wouldn’t go overboard trying to get the last little bit from the engine.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

John

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ekartingnews