Home Forums Road Racing For NCK guys Thunder hill

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Dobbs 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jack Cook
    Participant

Hello I am going to be going the Thunder hill on the 31st and will be running my tag-E and for the first time class 19 stock moto I was wondering on gearing I might have heard 19 front and 23 rear but i could be totally wrong please help out a new guy so i do not have change there with me working on two karts. Thanks for your help

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Hi Jack,

Hopefully someone in your class will chime in.  We have not raced on this track yet (Thunderhill West using the bypass), but I found out that the straightaway is 4/10’s of a mile long.  For comparison, the straightaway on the East track from turn 15 to turn 1 is 6/10’s of a mile long.

Come on NCK, help this new member out!

El Presidente has told me, “TaG should be a 4.8 to 5.0 final drive, 125 shifter should be 19-22 or 23.”

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

JMO 19/23 might be too tall for this track?

Kerry Matthews
    Participant

At the practice day on this layout I heard guys in the Stock Honda class running 18/23 saying it was too much gear.  I ran a 17/22 and it was fine.  I’m 6 ft. and 210 lbs in race gear.

Jack Cook
    Participant

Thank you for the reply I am about the same Kerry a bit heaver though.

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Last weekend before the Halloween race.  Everybody ready to rumble?!

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Last day to register online.  Looks like we are going to have a nice turnout. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication