Home Forums General Karting Discussion fitment of a Kart in a Hatch or Wagon

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Walt Gifford 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Paul Hir
    Participant

I was wondering if anybody gets there kart to the track with a car that is a Hatchback or wagon? I had a Suzuki Esteem (it rusted out and had to junk it) that I fit my kart in it, I just had to take the rear hubs off. Looking for a used wagon or Hatchback that will fit a kart, anybody have any ideas or anybody that currently does that?

James McMahon
    Participant

Volvo V70 (850 will work  same)
    Here’s my ’98 T5 with a shifter shoved in it. Sadly RIP since spinning rod bearing at 228K.

Paul Hir
    Participant

Is it hard to find a Manual trans Volvo? anybody use a Subaru?

James McMahon
    Participant

Manuals aren’t very common, especially in T5 form, but they are out there. Gotta love the growl from the inline 5.
    I’m sure it would fit just fine in a Subaru too…

Shayan Ranjbari
    Participant

i fit mine in the back of 91 camry

08 tk krypton shifter chassis

its not fun, and i need an extra pair of hands, but it gets me by

FWIW, i am looking for a bigger car since it isn’t convenient when karting alone…

why not look at utility vans? cheap and lots of room

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

I used to haul mine in the back of my Moms minivan (Chrysler Town & Country) until I bought a trailer.  Took the side pods, nose, and rear wheels (with hubs) off and it fit in just fine.  Plenty of room for stand, tools & extras if you stack carefully.  You definitely need two people to load/unload.  I’ve also shoved one into the back of a mid 90s Subaru Legacy wagon, but that was a pretty tight fit.

David Flori
    Participant

My old daily driver:
    Talk about a tight fit!
    Kart transport

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Gas smell is the problem.

Gif

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.