Home Forums Chassis & Handling FA / Tony Chassis Setup Guide?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Shayan Ranjbari 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Matt Kern
    Participant

I’ve been searching and searching and I cant seem to find the chassis guide for this kart, it’s a 2013 FA. I had one for my Arrow and it was helpful in deciding what to do for tuning. Anyone have a PDF or link handy?

Thanks!!!

TJ Koyen
    Participant

20mm front spacers
    1390mm rear track
    N axle
    neutral caster
    front bar (blade) flat

That will be your setup for 90% of the time.

We usually ran a little more caster than that and just twisted the front bar around to alter front grip. Other than that, we didn’t touch the kart.

Matt Kern
    Participant

Thanks TJ. Can the front ride height be adjusted? With my Arrow there were spacers above and below that you could adjust the height with, just seems to be 1 thin washer top and bottom on this one, not sure you can even move them.

Sat I was playing with the front bar. Went from tight vert to no bar at all, I missed every apex haha that was fun. Ended up like you’re saying, flat and tight.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Yup, you can adjust ride heights on front and rear. I don’t think we ever touched those either.

But yeah we ran the front bar at 45˚ usually and if we need more front we went vertical, if we needed less we went flat. That was the extent of our adjustments most of the time. The kart worked great at baseline setup.

If you ever have a specific question, feel free to shoot me a message here or on Facebook, I’d be happy to answer.

andy-graham
    Participant

TJ — you have any experience with the OTK 1020mm jrs chassis?  I acquired one for my son and have been looking for a good base set up as you described above.  Appreciate it.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately I don’t have experience with the junior chassis.

Where are you located? I’m sure there’s an OTK dealer near you who could assist.

andy-graham
    Participant

OGP is right down the road, Alex has worked with my son a few times…problem is they’re so buried in racing right now they wont have time to come up for air until next month…they’re gonna dial it in, just have to wait until next month when some of this racing craziness calms down around here.

Daniel White
    Participant

What about third bearing? Tight or zip tied?

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Zip-tied to start.

Matt Kern
    Participant

Why ziptie vs just leaving no bolts or anything?

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Just keeps it from rattling around.

Jim Stine
    Participant

Anyone have a PDF or link handy? Thanks!!!

http://api.ning.com/files/ECapeI07GToU57K0FRn40GFgtN*z5rBvwZYHR*NWPOay3FUt*sqOSTOipiu-le7cybKJ3KYqqyacIpqKY0O-OsK1hfe0XKJr/Kosmic_Knowledge.pdf

This is the best general guide I have found. If you need more specific info I would honestly just call one of the OTK dealers that runs an active race team; they will help you.

Shayan Ranjbari
    Participant

agreed with Jim

I actually emailed Tony Kart a couple months back and they told me they don’t make a set up guide but the Kosmic one is good. I got both the Arrow and Kosmic ones

Tony Kart of Australia has some great set up sheets though, worth a look

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.