Home Forums Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion F1 Podium Picker Challenge – Japanese Grand Prix

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Boone 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Larry Andrews
    Participant

Welcome one and all to the Formula One Podium Picker Challenge Presented by Ekartingnews and the Mitsubishi Keiretsu group of companies.  From investment banking to televisions and cars, Aunt Mitsi has you covered.

This week’s race – the Japanese Grand Prix at the might Suzuka Circuit, the only circuit currently in use that can be found in the Pole Position II video game.  Will Wettel wrap it all up this weekend?  Who knows!  But it is starting to look like it’s awfully close.  Will NBCSN and DirecTV screw us again?  Probably.

Current points: Congratulations to Francois, Tim and Franz for the big points haul last event

Tim Salvino
    Participant

Dang, seems my picks from forever ago are doing pretty well! Who would’ve thunk Vettel would be doing so good! ;)

Jim Derrig
    Participant

Vettel

Raikonnen

Alonso

Tim Doll
    Participant

1) Vettel

2) Alonso

3) Kimi

Jason Bane
    Participant

1. Vettel

2. Webber

3. Raikkonen

Roberto Perez
    Participant

I am so behind in points that at this point, is just wishful thinking.. 

Alonso

Rosberg

Kimi

Greg Dzielinski
    Participant

vettel

hamilton

webber

Greg Nelson
    Participant

Been a pretty good last two races for me and I thought about letting it ride, but I think i’ll mix it up a bit, I don’t know where Vettle is on number of races on the motor and tranny, and 4 in a row is pretty tuff, and he’s pretty much has no reason to strain himself plus Doll took my pat choices and no ones thinking Rosberg, so

Rosburg

Kimi

Hamilton

Justin Martin
    Participant

Crap! Qualifying just started, literally P1…

It snuck up on me as I was expecting Friday night practice as it usually is!

Anyhow, my picks are

Vettel
    Raikkonen
    Webber

Although I think Webber will choke and Hammy Alonso, or grosjean will take 3rd.

Please accept my pics as it is only 3 minutes into Q1! however, if you dont, I understand, rules are rules…

Justin Martin
    Participant

On a side note, Capri-sun in F1?! Yup… Check out Force India.

Thats something I would have never expected!

Michael Boone
    Participant

Vettel

Hamilton

Alonso

Michael Boone
    Participant

Vettel won AGIAN! Ugh!!

Larry Andrews
    Participant

Points for the Japanese Grand Prix – Congratulations to Jason, Mike, Juan and Sundar for the big points hauls this week.  Bonus cookie to Michael Boone for echoing my thoughts exactly.

Next race is in two weeks – the Indian Grand Prix.  Will start a new thread in a week or so…

Japan Points

EDIT:  Because it’s possible that we could have a bit of controversy…I let it slide that one picker clicked send after quali started but before anybody was eliminated and but didn’t let it slide when another picker got picks in roughly after Q2 finished.  I lean towards ‘tough but fair’ but let this one go.  If popular opinion proves contrary…

Justin Martin
    Participant

Thanks ;)

Michael Boone
    Participant

Sorry everyone for being late with the 3 different time zones I got confused about when.

It’s coming to the point you just pick Vettel for the win and guess for the rest. Lost my interest in nascar for this crap and quickly losing interest in F1.

MB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.