Home Forums Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion F1 2014 debut's

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  johnny brooks 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Justin Martin
    Participant

Yuck, anyone else think that F1 has never been so ugly?! What a poor choice by the FIA. Too many rule changes in a single season.

AS for Jerez testing, seems as if many of these changes are taking their tole on the teams.

Really sad

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

You know, Justin, it just seems like the FIA keeps adjusting the specs and the designers keep manipulating them to the best of their abilities. The simple fact is that the resultant lines are just flat-out ugly. It doesn’t matter what changes the FIA makes, maximizing aero is the goal, not matter what the form.

And I agree…the new F1 cars really brutal…almost embarrassing. LOL

Greg Nelson
    Participant

Oh boy, can’t what for the FIA’s lastest spec class to start. The 2014 F-100 litre fuel load championships!!!! Hopefully it will be just as disappointing as Rush was.

Can’t wait for the 2017 F-1 square meter solar panel season!

No wonder historic racing is so much more interesting.

I ask for 5 things in this world:

World peace, joy, equality and understanding between all nations, races, cultures and religions

Trucks that are trucks, not 12 airbag leather lined luxury land yachts and without trunk lids. Build me a 2014 version of a ’56 F100

Go kart classes that are fun and totally affordable to be competitive with a $100 tool set from Sears, $5 of pas 89 octane and a set of tires a year and completely cheater proof

Clean air, water, nutritious food, weather proof shelter and environmentally clean living for all

and finally….

F-1 to have these simple rules to establish two things: find out who is the best driver and who can put together the best car.: 13″ wheel rim diameter, 3 liter displacement reciprocal piston motors of any configuration (V8, flat 12, H-16, V-10, what ever you want), self starting (absolutely no computer connections or other outside assistance unless the car won’t start in the pits, they can push start), 600 kilo empty weight, manual gear change, 10 people total in the pits (9 mechanics and manager) + the driver.

Yeah yeah, I know, dream on……world peace, food and shelter, like yeah, right, ……real trucks, simple formula rules, I know, what a fool.

Greg Nelson
    Participant

Wow, they sound like crap too.  Kjnda like a 4 stroke V4 moto GP bike.

johnny brooks
    Participant

I’ve heard better sounding farts compared to these new engines.
    And those noses!! It looks like Toro Rosso got their design from ‘Goon Island’!

Greg Dzielinski
    Participant

I liked it.  The sound is different, but I’ll get used to that.

But I love the complete shake up of the rules. and that there are some new faces on the podium.  The cars look harder to drive with all the tork.  It was fun to watch and qualifying was awesome

Jimmy McNeil
    Participant

Nice job F1. Cars look ridicules, sound ridicules and are (according to the announcer during practice) around 4 seconds a lap slower than last year.

F1 is suppose to be the pinnacle of motorsports, going “green” is completely stupid. Could you imagine how awesome it would be if they announced the cars would be 1000hp this year. Instead, they did just the opposite.

Next year they should just turn it into a spec Prius series.

Justin Martin
    Participant

Greg, I do see new faces on the podium, but it surely isn’t due to “equal” cars…

We are seeing new faces and cars on the podium because the other faces and cars can’t finish a race due to how extreme the rule change was!

Its one thing to add more systems that require extensive cooling, but to decrease the amount of available cooling is just ridiculous! Not it isn’t just motor and electronic cooling, but also an additional intercooler.

The new cars are ridiculous….. Horrible change

johnny brooks
    Participant

Seems I’m not alone in despising the new sound of F1.

Ron Walker, head of the Formula One Promoters’ Association, says his group will be meeting in Bahrain to discuss legal action for ‘breach of contract’.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/motor-sport/threat-of-lawsuit-and-shift-to-indycar-over-quieter-f1-cars/story-fnii0ilc-1226866713277

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.