--> EVO upgrades with no rev!!!! – ekartingnews

Home Forums TaG Rotax Max EVO upgrades with no rev!!!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Samir Shah 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Jesper Beyer
    Participant

Hi everyone..

Just fitted my 2015 EVO upgrade , harnes, carb, ignition…

Runs smoothly all they way up to 8600rpm then it stops ( like a rev limiter)

When I check the PV it closes about 3000rpm and stays closed all the time….

I have fitted the New carb and jettet it like I’m used to,  with 188/190jets,  is this too big in the EVO carb??!?

Anyone got some info please repl….

Thanks

Daniel Harlin
    Participant

Hi, I use a different set of jets and have not seen the same error. In Sweden we use jets between 125-130.

On the other hand I have seen reports in Europe about some faults with the eRave module which there will be some update for in coming month.

Hopefully this can help you.

Daniel

Mark Traylor
    Participant

188-190?  Is this a DD2?  I used to run a 150 in my old senior.   with Evo people are down around 120 on the main for senior and around a 130 in DD2.   The carburation is very different.

Mark Traylor
    Participant

BTW…there have been issues with the PV.  check the bulletins for changes

Jesper Beyer
    Participant

Tried with the 145 jet that followed with the carb and that made a huge difference,  now it rev past 12500 …. I’m just used to jetting my old carb 185 – 192 , think I need to purchase a 110-165 set now ;)

Bruce Woodrow
      Participant

Jesper,

You’ll probably find that you will need jets in the 130 – 145 range for most conditions.

Bruce

Samir Shah
    Participant

On my Leopard, I found that if I ran it rich, and fouled the plug, on the next session I could not rev over 7000-8000. Cleaning the plug with brake cleaner and a wire brush usually fixes it.

Reading through old messages, on the Rotax, if its too rich, there is also a 12k limit that some people have hit, and fixed by using a smaller jet that allowed them to get to 13-14k.

So, as people have suggested, the problem is certainly jetting, possible compounded by a fouled plug.

Samir.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ekartingnews