Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Briggs LO206 Engine running lean

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FREDDY SANDOVAL 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

William Weiler
    Participant

I looked at my plug a month ago and it was grey/white so I put the carb needle up a notch to raise the needle. Then I took apart the carb and sprayed it out and got the part numbers on the jets and confirmed it was stock. Last weekend after running I checked the plug and it was bone white, way too lean. I raised the needle more. The engine also did this weird thing where when I started it full choke, if I lowered the choke bar, the idle went way up. When it was hot this problem went away and it seemed normal. The engine is used but I don’t want to blow it up. Can anyone diagnose what’s wrong? The temperature last weekend was in the 90’s, but shouldn’t that richen it up?

TonyKart 401s LO206
    Morgan Hill, CA

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

You can’r read the spark plug like on a 2 stroke and expect it to be brown or darker. these motors are just like a car motor.

The idle issue you may be having is most likely a vaccumm leak at the intake manifold or gasket, the engine cannot breath anywhere else other than the air filter area (front of carburetor)

Run that engine, let it idle on the stand, spray small amount of car/brake cleaner around the suspected air leak area, and see if anything changes after you spray.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication