Home Forums Shifter Karts Energy Eclipse brakes, are they any good?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Andrews 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Gregg Palmer
    Participant

Does anybody know how the Energy Eclipse 125 brakes are? They have a thin front rotor and it looks like there is no front /rear bias adjustment on the master cylinder.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Do you have any pictures?

We may be able to help

Jason Bane
    Participant

I think you might be looking at the KF “hand brake” kart. I’m not well versed on TaG kart hand brake rules, but I believe the brake is operated by a hand lever that looks just like a clutch lever, which has a separate master cylinder, hence no bias adjuster.

Larry Andrews
    Participant

One thing that’s important to know is that anything goes with used karts.  It’s not the least bit unusual for someone to piece something substandard together out of what’s available so the tired old heap can be sold.  If it doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t.

Heck, used racing hardware rarely is ‘right’…but it’s almost always more fun than just watching other people have fun.

Energy karts have had CRG brakes for a long time.  It’s possible you found one with old VEN04 brakes – not bad but there’s a reason they only made them for one year.  Parts are getting scarce.  Before CRG, seemed like Energy was using mostly Righetti based stuff, at least my ’99 did.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.