Home Forums General Karting Discussion Electric Kart Stand Owner Opinions

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Walt Gifford 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Michael Neopolitan
    Participant

I’m looking to purchase a new “one-man” stand. I had and sold a KartRaiser which was nice, but too heavy to chuck in the pickup bed. Now that I have a trailer, I’m leaning towards getting another stand. I’m interested in the Dalmi stands, particularly how they hold up as a maintenance stand. Thanks for any guidance.

Jim Derrig
    Participant

These are comparatively light and work surprisingly well if you’re willing to pick up the front end yourself.  It breaks apart into the top and bottom halves too, it you need to lift it over the sides of your pick up:

http://www.italianmotorsusa.com/collections/stands/products/one-man-kart-stand

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

The best one man kart stand I’ve owned was made by KartLift, and it was the none electric one, just leverage and shocks operated ( I loved it!!!! )

I bought it back in the day when my 18 year old was a baby, and it lasted me forever. The only issue is that back in those days rear plastic bumpers had not been invented yet, so the hooks were designed for a tube bumper.

But that’s not a problem, they do come with the new bumper style hooks now.

Look into it, you won’t regret it. Easy to operate, and very light, plus it folds into a little flat frame box.

In my opinion the big electric stands were a good idea, but being so big, bulky and heavy, not to mention slowwwwww, and it throws your back trying to lift it or moving it around, makes the initial thought of saving your back useless. Most guys at my track that have those things are always in the way, we all have to wait for them to finish unloading their karts before we can set our karts down, and trying to move them out of the way is a pain in the butt. Sorry if I offended any electric kart stand owners, that’s my opinion on those things, but what doesn’t work for me may work for somebody else.  Fast Freddy.  🙂

Joe Johnson
    Participant

I have one if the older style electric kart stands with a battery powered ram.  Really easy and can’t lower and tie down on the wall of trailer.  On Really like how the ly draw backs are batteries are marginal, front wheels don’t turn and wish it was about 6 inches taller. Really like how the Dalmi look but with shipping what’s the cost?

Rob Daniel
    Participant

Electric kart lifts are great if you have a trailer.  I transport my shifter on the stand in the trailer.  Roll it out and put the kart down.  No more bothering people to help you put your kart on a stand to work on it.  If you get one make sure it is rear steer.

Tim Koyen
    Participant

Even though I build kart stands, and not the Dalmi, I really like the design of it.  The problem I have, is that every time I suggest a kart stand without big 8″ casters, everyone dislikes it.  In Europe, the karts are lighter, the stands are smaller, the pits are smoother, and people are willing to work all sorts of contraptions to pickup a kart.  It seems that we Americans just want to push a button and have it pickup the kart, tie our shoes, and whiten our teeth while we sleep.

I could design and build a stand similar to the Dalmi, but I just know that 90% of my customers would complain about the small casters, the price, the capacity, etc..  I like that stand though, and for some people its a great solution.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Some of the places I go there’s no pavement between the scales and the grid. Those little wheels would be a real pain to push through the bumps. Why couldn’t you just make the caster mounts step up on each side of the lock bar? Why stainless? that’s got to drive the price through the roof. Can you make one as lite as possible for $200, I’ll paint it myself.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Tim Koyen
    Participant

$200?  No chance.  Good luck.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------

Walt Gifford
    Participant

$350 minus stainless = ?

Dave Hall 71
    Participant

I really liked the old style Kartlift Pro Electric kart stand.  Unfortunately, I mangled it on the hitch of my truck.  It was super light, compact and could be stored on the side or strapped to the wall of the trailer saving room while on the road.  Tim, wish you guys still made that one!  The Dalmi design looks awesome, anyone out there who owns one have any comments?

Walt Gifford
    Participant

That’s what I’m looking for a super light electric kart stand. Got any pics of the early kartlift?

Gif

Tim Koyen
    Participant

The Old Electric stand became economically unfeasible to produce.  Yes, it was cool, folded flat, and had big tires, but it also cost a fortune to produce.  It would be easily $1k in just materials today.  No one is going to pay $1500+ for a kart stand unless it makes you 2 tenths faster.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------

Ted Dziedzic
    Participant

I have an electric Kart Lift and really like it.  But I haul my gear in an enclosed trailer.  It would be nice if it had a smaller foot print as that seems to be what most racers at our track would like to see as it is a quality unit for the money.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

I don’t know why everyone has to get the kart 3 foot off the ground. So you can work on it standing up? I’m thinking of a big skate board with a handle and a short stool to sit on while I work on it. I’ve moved karts around with a little red wagon before.

Gif

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication