Home Forums Shifter Karts Elec. Start for Honda

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Clarke 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Todd Kageals
    Participant

Has anyone seen the electric starter setup on the Honda motor that utilizes the kick start shaft?  there’s a shifter kart on eBay with this setup.

Scott Newton
    Participant

I’ve wondered the same thing – would eliminate the seat clearance issue.

Here’s a link to the ad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evett-Motorsports-custom-shifter-race-karts-INSANELY-FAST-not-for-children-/261565366153?

It looks like this kart has a lot of other modifications as well – such as having a front suspension.  Would be interested to know what was involved in bolting the starter up though…

Jeff Clarke
    Participant

Looks like an interesting setup, I imagine a call or email to the builder might get you some info on that.  Let us know what you find if you do.

I have the second design Hegar unit on my CRG now. They revised the design over the spring/summer and now have a better scheme for engaging the flywheel than the original. It has worked very well for me. With regard to seat clearance, I moved my seat over about 3/4″ to make more clearance during this second install and reweighed. The effect of seat movement is somewhat offset by the offset engine mounting required.  As it turns out I could have afforded to move the seat even more left because at this point I am still slightly heavier on the motor side (49L/51R %). Since I’m over class weight already I’ve chosen to let it ride, but I could easily true it up with a little more weight. As far as handling goes, its imperceptible to me, but ymmv.

Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.