Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing EKN LO206 Project & Racing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Cole 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

For all of us here at EKN, it’s exciting to see the growth of the Briggs LO206 program, which is bringing the simplicity, stability and a level playing field to four-cycle competition. It’s an ideal club platform and a great class for drivers with limited budgets. We’re been working on our LO206 program for just over a year and we have some editorial that we’ll be rolling out soon. This editorial will be kicked off by a little racing, as David Cole and myself will be on-track in the LO206 class at the Rock Island Grand Prix this Labor Day.

We’ll use these outings to debut our new EKN OnTrack feature that will highlight of the equipment that we put into competition, giving tips on chassis assembly, kart prep and engine set-up. This LO206 program will be a excellent kick-off to this editorial series.

If you have any questions on the program or would like to offer up any suggestions from your own experiences, we’d love to have you post them here.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Here is the preview of our upcoming weekend at Rock Island

Larry Andrews
    Participant

Good luck out there!  Glad to see both of you getting some seat time on a cool project.

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

David and I both had awesome outings at Rock Island. Mine was issue-free and it was all about getting used to the track again and pushing my limits while fine-tuning the kart. I was happy with eighth overall, the top finishing kart with CIK bodywork. Cole had a few issues that put him at the tail for the start, but he raced up from 27th to 13th….great run all-around.

We’re working on our OnTrack editorial reports now, and I expect that David will roll is out on the site next week. We’re were lucky to be able to work with two great shops – DB Motorsports and Team Topkart / Victory Karts. Big thanks to them.

Hope you guys enjoy reading our OnTrack reports.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Here is a link to my weekend racing the LO 206 category at the RIGP with Victory Kart.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.