Home Forums Tech Talk Dyno Specs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny West 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jim Silverheels
    Participant

Whats the correct temp to plug into the dyno specs when doing a test, outside temp or the temp of the room your in with the dyno? thanks

William Martin
    Participant

Temperature of the air your engine is “breathing”, so room temp is as close as you will get.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

If the motor is using “room” air, which I would not suggest….  You would be surprised how quickly the room air will get contaminated with CO, and alter your results…  You really need fresh outside air for the motor to breath….

So in that scenario, it would be outside air temp….

CR

Johnny West
    Participant

On my Dyno ( Dyno-Jet) I have a weather station in the stack. It checks the dyno room air. We have a very good exhaust system and a fresh air inlet to the room. The weather is always checking the air and correcting . On the screen there is a selection  for DIN SAE STD and Uncorrected. I always use SAE. This corrects for sea level.  Note. There are a few things that can effect the test.  Bad axle or drive gears, roller chain, draging brake, axle bearings, ect…

To see if the change you made was good. See if it is “repeteable” To the baseline test.  Make a change- retest. Good or bad the results. Go back to baseline setting, retest again. It should be the same as the 1st baseline At the very least  VERY CLOSE to it. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.