Home Forums 250 Superkarts Does anyone know this guy

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Reinhardt 1 year ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

paul troalic
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to the Forum and wondered if anyone can help me?

A couple of years ago I bought a quantity of Rotax 256 gearbox gears from a guy called Sam Bennett (email cambo61@yahoo.com).

I wanted them for spares for the future.

At the end of 2012 I decided to retire from superkarts and started selling off all my kit; I still have a 2010 PVP with upgraded FPE for sale – see here at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131014256378?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I sold the gears to a guy in UK but he immediately came on the phone telling me that the gears were fit only for the trash. They looked new but the dogs were shot. This was confirmed independently by a top driver/engine builder in UK.

Anyway I refunded the guy but the point of this posting is that I am unable to contact Sam Bennett as he refuses to accept that he sold me dud gears and won’t answer any of my emails. I wondered if anyone might know of his whereabouts so that I can pass this on to the police. This is fraud and perhaps others have been duped in this way also.

I hope someone can help.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

You want a refund from a couple of years ago?

CR

paul troalic
    Participant

And why should I not? Often drivers buy parts for future use, which is what I did. Gearbox gears don’t break every day. The fact that some time has elapsed doesn’t excuse a seller giving a refund when he has sold dodgy goods does it? I need positive help not negative comments. If you cannot help then perhaps you should not comment.

Sorry don’t mean to be rude but Sam Bennett is the one at fault here. If he is honest he should be trying to resolve the matter not refusing to respond to my polite emails. He tells me he is an expert yet clearly doesn’t know what the words “new” or “lightly used” mean.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Hey, I’m not saying the guy didn’t sell you a set a of chewed gears, but I think the statute of limitation is about over….

Not sure how you bought it, but when I sell a used piece it’s COD no warranty.  And if the guy received it and told me it was no good, no worries send it back and I’ll refund you, but not 2 years later!!!  How do I know where it’s been or if it’s even the same part I sent you and that money is long since spent…

Sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope you get it sorted, but I’m an honest man, and I wouldn’t refund a used part after 2 years…

Good luck….

CR

Chris Hegar
    Participant

Dude your hosed… eat the gears. I doubt a judge would find in your favor, who’s to say they were not good the day you bought them, you can’t. Did they get rounded off riding around in your tool box? Then the judge is gonna say “prove it sir.” Don’t waste your time.

paul troalic
    Participant

Chris, I accept what you’re saying, but the facts are that Sam Bennett is not doubting my honesty or that the gears are his or even saying that they might have gotten damaged in my toolbox (not possible as they are in a plastic carrying case wrapped in bubblewrap). He is trying to say that the dogs on gears are never perfect even those that come out of the factory!! Can you imagine Rotax selling gears that cannot be used. The dogs have to be perfect to work as you will know.

He’s a scammer make no mistake.

And by the way the Statute of Limitations is 7 years to my knowledge, not two.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>paul troalic wrote:</div>
    . He is trying to say that the dogs on gears are never perfect even those that come out of the factory!! Can you imagine Rotax selling gears that cannot be used.

<hr />

<div class=”bbp-reply-signature”>paul troalic</div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-signature”></div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-signature”>Yah I can, those gearboxes were junk new!!!!  That’s one of the reasons the motor went away, even Aprillia had gearbox issues….</div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-signature”>I don’t know the guy, but I don’t think anybody is arguing that you got a raw deal, the problem is the time that pasted by.  You should have inspected them when you first received them, or at least before you sold them again…..</div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-signature”>CR</div>

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Nice Quote button EKN!!!!  CAN WE FIX THIS ALREADY!!!!!

James McMahon
    Participant

Seems like a classic case of caveat emptor here. Am I understanding correctly when I say you bought the gears, didn’t check them but then also sold them without checking?

You can always ask for your money back (assuming you are able to reach him) and in an ideal world you would get a refund. Given that it’s been two years you are unlikely to entertained by any reasonable seller who sold them in good faith, let alone someone who might have been intentionally disingenuous.

Really it comes down to a question of how much hassle/stress/time the money is worth to you. I’m with the Chris’, chalk it down to experience and move on.

paul troalic
    Participant

OK I like your points but I didn’t really ask for a discussion.

Does anybody know this guy and where he can be found?

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

“OK I like your points but I didn’t really ask for a discussion.”

Funny how that works in here…. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.