Home Forums Vintage Karting Dimensions of MCP Front Wheel Brake (fwb) disk carrier

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Frank Cire 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Frank Cire
    Participant

I am contemplating buying the MCP fwb kit for my kart, but I don’t know if the disk carriers will fit my spindles.

The main concern I have is that my spindles may be too short for the disk carriers.  I looked at the Hegar internal kit and it requires spindles at least 5″ long, my spindles are way too short.  My spindles are more like 4″ long, just enough room for a conventional hub and 2 spacers, each about 3/8″ wide.  Could someone provide me with the dimensions of the MCP fwb disk carrier, most importantly the width from bearing face to bearing face?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Did you get an answer on this?  I’ve got one of these hubs sitting here and get you the measurements if you still need them.

Frank Cire
    Participant

Hi,

thanks, I did talk to MCP, they told me most of what I needed to know, the hubs are reportadly 2″ from bearing face to bearing face, and the interior ring has a 4.25″ opening.

They also told me that I needed to modify my spindles with “enduro arms”, I’d call them dog legs, to clear the rotor, so I’m working on a fix for the spindles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication