Home Forums General Karting Discussion Dim laser on Sniper gauge

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jon Romenesko 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

So I bought a set of Sniper alignment gauges second-hand, and they work great except for the fact that one of the lasers is a bit dim.  It’s still usable in the garage, but once its out under the tent or in direct sunlight its all but invisible.  A bit frustrating when you want to make changes at the track.  New batteries or swapping batteries doesn’t change it, and there doesn’t appear to be any debris blocking anything.  Does anyone know if I can send it off to Sniper for repair, or any other solution?

jack lachut
    Participant

joe, I believe that margay was the importer for sniper products, you may want to contact them. if I remember the snipers were made in austrailia and they would have to ship them there.

patrick j slattery
    Participant

As the battery gets weaker so does the brightness of the laser.  Change the battery and I will bet it will get brighter.

pat

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

New batteries doesn’t change it, unfortunately. I’ll see if I can get in touch with someone at Margay. thanks!

Walter Kaihtu
    Participant

Last year we had one laser stop working and found out that there is no rebuild capability other than battery replacement in the US. We ended up getting in touch with the manufacturer in Australia and they swapped out our old set for a new set for the cost of shipping (not cheap) and some dollar amount that was cheaper than a new set but still pretty expensive.

I was pretty disappointed that my set only lasted about 18 months and for over $300 new you’d figure sniper would use a more reliable laser. Once you invest in their system (which is a great tool) you’re pretty much over a barrel when they fail since there is no rebuilding them and little support other than warranty collection here in the states. You either toss them and use whatever else is out there or you keep paying. Hopefully this set will last more than 18 months.

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Thanks Walter, that’s a bit of a bummer to hear….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.