Home Forums General Karting Discussion Daytona Man Cup – Senior classes

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kirt Burcroff 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Any senior drivers on this forum going to Daytona?  Looking at mylaps from the last Man Cup race at Pitt:

X30 – 4 karts

Leopard Sr. – 3 karts

Yamaha Sr. – 4 karts

Just curious if there will be more Senior entries now that TaG is a combined class and they brought the can back to Yamaha.

Greg Dingess

I imagine the new format will renew some interest in the program.  Combine that with the prestige of the Kartweek event and I think the classes should be good sized.  WKA is making positive strides.

I can’t speak for TaG/Yamaha group, but we are bringing 8 LO206 Senior drivers.

Ron Towles

We had 22 LO206 racers at the last Florida Pro Kart race in Jacksonville and I would expect most would go to Daytona also. Might get a couple of TAGs but no Yamahas from Florida.

Ron Towles

Sorry. Duplicate post.

Interesting, I completely forgot they added the L0206 Senior class…  Does anyone know yet what weight they will be running this class at Daytona?

Gary Lawson

I heard 375 which makes sense since it’s the gold cup weight. Yes it’s heavy and they’d gain a few entries probably if they lowered the weight but they would lose some too. Figured I’d just say this in advance 😉. I anticipate it to be the most fun race to watch of the weekend.

Ron Towles

375 lbs in LO206 senior.

375 is up there for smaller drivers, but that seems to be typical weight for that class, so no problem.  Sounds like there could be 30+ entries.  Will definitely be interesting to watch!  Margay has their arrive and drive LO206 program scheduled for Daytona, too, should add to the list as well…

Kirt Burcroff

My son is running the Pro TaG class. We had around 16 or 17 karts in Daytona last year as I recall. That was just X30 and the Leopard class was bigger. With the combination of the two and new format I’m hoping to see at least 30.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication