Home Forums Tech Talk CRG help

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jimmy McNeil 12 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Tuning guide states you can raise or lower rear ride height to tighten or loosen up kart.

My question is, the slotted holes in my 08 road reonly will only allow maybe 1/4 inch either up or down. Is this all there is, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Joe Johnson
    Participant

The holes are a lot of adjustment.  You will notice big changes from axle up or down.

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Joe I know that moving axle up or down makes a change but my question is, is ALL the adjustment JUST in that 1/4 inch either way? Seems it would be more. The guide says try different holes but looking at mine, by using different holes, the cassettes won’t fit the hither holes, so I’m stuck using just the holes I’ve been!

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Here is a picture showing the mounting holes with very little adjustment! Is this all there is in adjusting up or down?

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Ace, there’s two adjustments for rear ride height, up or down, choose one and try it….

CR

Ace Rossi
    Participant

It’s obvious you guys are missing THE question!

As seen in the picture, I HAVE moved the axle up  AND  down .

I know what it’s supposed to do both ways!

What I’m asking is, is the total adjustment ONLY  a 1/4 inch (if that) up and down?  OR is there a set of another group of holes that I’m not seeing?

Its a fairly simple question! It’s yes or no and the holes I’m using is ALL the adjustment there is, period!

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

I guess you missed the point!!!  That’s IS the adjustment, slotted holes, all up, or all down…..  Are there another set of holes on your brackets?  Then I guess that’s it then….

CR

Chris Bany
    Participant

Ace – YES, that is the adjustment, very small measurment up or down and it will make a big difference to set up and on track feel.

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Thank you Chris Finally! That’s all I was looking for. A confirmation that Inwasnt overlooking something! I guess I should have asked you in the first place!

BTW, how those ribs?

Daryle Redlin
    Participant

Sometimes there is a small 6mm hole in the carrier that will line up with a small hole in the actual cassette. This will give you a middle position, however most times you will either race with it up or down.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

I’m surprised non of you seasoned guys know about the hidden ride height adjustment on the 08 CRG shifter chassis.

Brian

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Weren’t the 08’s 4 bolt cassettes?  That picture looks to be a 3 bolt?

CR

Jimmy McNeil
    Participant

Yes the 08’s are four bolt

Ace, does that chassis have ven05 brakes?

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Jimmy I was told it has ven4 brakes!

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Sounds like you have an 07 at best…..

CR

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Nope it’s an 08

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

I think you missed the point…..again….  The 08’s had 4 bolt cassettes and VEN 05 brakes, yours does not….

CR

Ace Rossi
    Participant

No point missed but… Whatever!

Jimmy McNeil
    Participant

Ace, if it says 08 on the chassis Id plate, it could still be a 06 or 07.

Its the homologation period wich I think is three years.

Forinstance, i think my 2012 chassis says 2014 On the chassis Id plate.

ive probably owned 9 or 10 2008 road rebels, all have had four bolt cassette and ven05 brakes

Ace Rossi
    Participant

It’s all good Jimmie! It is what it is

Jimmy McNeil
    Participant

I hear ya.

Man it’s tuff posting with my phone.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.