Home Forums 250 Superkarts CR250 pistons from HONDA

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Harrison 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nigel cooper
    Participant

Are there still 2 piston choices (A+B) for a 2001 CR250  from Honda?

Ian Harrison
    Participant

13101-KZ3-505 – A

13102-KZ3-L10 – B

Most aftermarket companies do A,B,C and D and some E increasing in size increments of 0.01mm

Best Regards

Ian

nigel cooper
    Participant

Thanks Ian,

I was not sure if Honda had done away with the 2 sizes like they did with the CR125.

What about cylinder to piston clearances?      .06  to .075mm?

Ian Harrison
    Participant

Nigel, Not sure who told you that Honda discontinued B pistons for the CR125, but it ain’t so!! A and B still freely available.

Yes, 0.06-0.08mm is fine for the ’01 motor.

Best Regards

Ian :-)

nigel cooper
    Participant

Thanks Ian

when I was rebuilding a cr125 a couple months ago,the Honda dealer advised me that there is only an A piston available as the B piston had been superceded by the A piston.After getting off the phone with Honda today I asked him about the 2001 CR250 pistons,same thing, only an A available.

I guess in Canada it is A only.If I end up needing a B I will have to buy from another country and have it shipped instead of picking it up in person.

Merry Christmas everybody!

nc

Ian Harrison
    Participant

Not sure I believe that? As far as I’m aware Canada is supplied Honda Parts Via American Honda Motor Co. and the dealers use their Fiche.

Here’s Rocky Mountain Honda Powerhouse . . . . .Calgary

Here’s the link. Just click: http://www.rockymountainhondapowerhouse.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2497108&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2001&fveh=131955

Sounds like you got a lazy parts man who doesn’t know his supersessions

Piston A 2nd Item down

Piston B 4th item down

What can happen is they see the A piston has changed to 13101-KZ3-505 from 13101-KZ3-L10 and expect the B to have changed to 13102-KZ3-505 from 13102-KZ3-L10, but probably Honda have a bucket load of the old B’s left so the part number stays the same until they run out. The parts man types in 13102-KZ3-505 and of course it doesn’t exist!!

I can’t see why you can’t obtain anything on that fiche. If your parts man is giving you grief, just try Rocky Mountain and see if you get the same answer. Quoting the part # always helps, but of course the onus is then on you to get it right!

Best Regards

Ian :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.