Home Forums Shifter Karts cr125 piston.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Valentin Yakimenko 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Valentin Yakimenko
    Participant

Hi guys! I usually deal with my local honda dealer when I need parts. One of the guys at the track convince d me to give partzilla a try. Prices are much cheaper! But here is my problem. Partslist has 3 pistons listed. Can anyone tell me whats the difference in those pistons? Besides the part #. Thanx!

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/1999/CR125R+A/CRANKSHAFT+PISTON/parts.html

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

It looks like they all cross to that 506 piston, the others must be NLA…

Usually, you order a “A” piston for a “A” cylinder, but the difference very minimal, actually .0003″ smaller on the “B” according to the manual… But there’s a .0003″ spread for each, so a small “A” piston, might be the same as a large “B” piston…

You can try ordering a 13110-KZ4-A40 and see what happens, you’ll probably get a 506…

CR

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Dupe

Valentin Yakimenko
    Participant

Thanx!

Troy V Smith
    Participant

Hmmmm?  Well, now that this came up, I went to the shelf and pulled a A40 A piston and a 506 B piston and did a measurement.  Yes, Chris is right the difference is very little – the “A” piston diameter measured just above the ring grove was 53.761 – the “B” piston (which I though was supposed to be slightly larger), is actually measuring smaller at 53.745mm.  What gives – this screws up my plan! LOL

What would be the benefit of using a smaller piston Chris? I could see going larger after enough wear in the cylinder, but smaller?  How much sidewall clearance is “required”?  Why wouldn’t one want to start with “B” piston and progress to an “A”?

Valentin Yakimenko
    Participant

+1^

Valentin Yakimenko
    Participant

All pistons superseded by 13110-KZ4-506 …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.