Home Forums Classifieds Classifieds – Engines CR125 Monster Mod Engine DDR Darcy Decoste Build

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  josh reynolds 3 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David Twiss
    Participant

Only one race since fresh/new.  Build specs:

99 bottom end with new crank, clutch, rod, etc. JE01E casting.

03 cylinder Y1013 casting with lowered exhaust port (welded and reshaped), nickel plated, ported.  RS125 piston, with new ring. KZ4S E2 head.

Mikuni TM flat-slide carb, carbon reeds, custom intake manifold, Vortex programmable ignition module, stock coil, mikuni fuel pump, beautiful custom machined aluminum engine mount 32mm x 90mm.

RCE T3 pipe in excellent condition with M5 temp bung, M4 titanium silencer, pipe and silencer cradle mounts, all water hoses, fuel pump bracket, chain guard, 428 gold chain, 18T driver and 24T 50mm sprocket.  Spares include stock ign coil and stock Honda ignition module, 12 extra main jets, base gaskets.

I do not have dyno sheets, but Darcy indicated that this engine was about 48+ HP on his dyno, known as “the rat motor”, from our conversation.  As close to an RS125 moto-gp motor as you can get in a CR125 configuration.

I purchased this several years ago and ran it once using the stock Honda ign module. (I had it jetted far too rich according to Darcy).  Fastest thing I could ever imagine driving.  Switched over to the TaG class which was much easier to manage by myself at the track.  After the one race, the RS125 ring was replaced, everything inspected, completely oiled top-to-bottom and sealed in double-bags inside my house.  Time to sell.  $2700 or B.O. for complete package.  Buyer to pay actual shipping cost. (Insured and properly packaged, of course.)  Will consider selling pipe, silencer and ignition spares separately only if engine is sold first without.

Pictures upon request.

josh reynolds
    Participant

Interested in the motor, after 6pm pacific time, or text. 303 913 9226 Josh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication