Home Forums Shifter Karts CR125 Jetting

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gregg Palmer 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jeff Clarke
    Participant

<span style=”font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.5em;”>My kart came with 170/52 jets in it.  </span>I’m just looking for a decent (safe) starting point.    If I look at the Honda CR125R manual, I see a jetting chart that says for a standard day at sea level the stock jetting of 175/52 applies.  I’ve poked around and found a couple of sources for shifter kart  jetting charts and both suggest a pilot jet size of 58.  The main jet recommendations (same conditions as above) are the same.  6 sizes of pilot jet difference are  probably more of a difference than can be justified by humidity (which Honda’s chart ignores), or fuel/oil mix, or other factors.  Does the stock Honda jetting tend to be lean on the low end?  Is it typical to jet the pilot bigger than on a bike?

James McMahon
    Participant

Most, well nearly all stock motos have a different carb than what’s found on the bike application. Also keep in mind the pipe is totally different, operates in a different powerband.

Gregg Palmer
    Participant

170 is a bit on the lean side. Move up to the 175 and watch temps, spark plug readings and then adjust. I was running a 168 with a K&N filter and seized my motor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.