Home Forums Shifter Karts CR125 Crankcase Bolt

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Reinhardt 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Steve Frank
    Participant

CR125 Crankcase Bolt

Been scouring the online Honda manuals to find the bolt here that I’ve painted yellow.  Its an M6 x 1.25 x 95 mm long flanged bolt.  It appears to be Honda OEM.  However, the longest bolt I can find in ANY of the exploded diagrams is 85mm long.  Anybody know how I can identify this as an OEM part number?  I’d rather find the proper bolt than machine the case to make an 85mm long bolt work.  Any help?

Steve Frank
    Participant

Lets try loading this photo again.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/apexdesigns/13196965464/

Stephen Lamana
    Participant

Steve,

If you want an OEM bolt, Kokomo Honda should be able to get it for you. Not sure of the part number off hand, but if you email them that picture they will be able to get the right one for you.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

The correct bolt for the OEM application is a 120mm long 6mm flnaged bolt PN <span class=”itemnum”>90053-KZ4-620.  However, that goes through the OEM sprocket guard that has an aluminum bushing.  If you want an 95mm long 6mm small flange similar to the rest of the case bolts, something like a </span><span class=”itemnum”>96001-06095-07 should do the trick…..
    </span>

CR

Steve Frank
    Participant

Chris

The link you have for the 95mm long bolt- it didn’t translate on my end here.   Can you try again or PM me please?   The motor is ready to go back together except for that bolt.

Steve Frank
    Participant

Nevermind- I got it,  the part number <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal;”>96001-06095-07 </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”>works as a Honda OEM number.  Cool, thanks Chris.   </span>

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Sorry, it wasn’t a link, just the OEM part number…  Just another bug in this forum…..

Your welcome…

CR

Larry Andrews
    Participant

Might be easier to find if you look for an M6x1 thread bolt in 95mm length.  I can get that size pretty easily and would think that the 1.25 thread will be quite difficult to source.  :D

johnny brooks
    Participant

its not a bug…
    if you want to copy and paste, first click on the ‘text’ tab at upper right of reply box. (where it says ‘visual’ and ‘text’) then you can paste without all the gobbledygook.

96001-06095-07

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts.html

‘copy’ the part number, right click the link, open in new tab, click honda in brand, paste part number…viola….a dollar 36.
    piece o cake

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Listen, I belong to probably 20 or so forums, NONE of them require all the procedures this forum does…  I can’t think of one of them that has two different screens to select?  There’s even a suggestion forum here, and when you make a suggestion they tell you, sorry we’re not doing that….  What’s the point?

I don’t know what the hit count is on the site, but there’s way less posts than there used to be on the old site….

Just my $0.02….

CR

Sam Zavaglia
    Participant

Gotta admit the old forum rocked, it had a great database of members, easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to read and I don’t recall any bugs on it.

I’ve read the reasons for this newer version EKN forum, I still can’t comprehend messing with something that was so good and popular vs this new version which now looks to have much less activity.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Sam honestly, I think they were going for the new look, and with regards to that, the site LOOKS GREAT…..  The only issues I see are with the forums, and it doesn’t seem like they are too concerned or maybe just busy with other stuff and it’s not high on the priority list???

It would have been nice is they could have given the website a facelift and kept with the old forum….  Oh well….

CR

Jim White
    Participant

The new forums suck. You can easily tell by the number of posts and the fact that most of the very knowledgeble people from the old forum rarely if ever participate.

Too bad, it was a great resource, but sadly no longer.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Hey, I kinda think I’m trying…

CR

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.