Home Forums Shifter Karts CR125 clutch lever mechanism?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EKN 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nigel cooper
    Participant

Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it

Again,the picture on the metal-matrix website clearly shows a spring. I am really confused.Hope someone can help.

Steve Laymon
    Participant

I believe the 92 through 96 models called for a Spring and a Thrust washer which rides next to the seal.  I think it can be used in all years if you prefer.

nigel cooper
    Participant

Thanks Steve for the quick reply.I checked it out like you wrote and sure enough,on a 1996 part diagram they show the spring and washer!!Hurray,back to Honda tomorrow to order the parts.I want a spring on my engine.

thanks again

EKN
    Keymaster

Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it.

TEST

EKN
    Keymaster
    TEST 2

nigel cooper wrote: Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it.

EKN
    Keymaster
    TEST 2

nigel cooper wrote: Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it.

EKN
    Keymaster

Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it
    Again,the picture on the metal-matrix website clearly shows a spring. I am really confused.Hope someone can help.

TEST 3

EKN
    Keymaster

ekartingnews

TEST 4- hyperlink

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.