Home Forums Road Racing Corvette Track Bowling Green, Ky

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Cole 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

robbyharper
    Participant

On Tuesday Jan 20, I spent time at the track with track manager Mitch Wright and his assistant. It is going to be a fun track to race on. The portion of the track we are going to use is a 2.2 mile road coarse.
    I was on both configurations but WKA plans at this time are for the west track. I reported my visit to WKA and they are excited to go there in October. I plan to return there in the near future to discuss logistics for WKA.

bruce sabatka
    Participant

I don’t know? I drove by the track on the way home from Daytona.

I saw a lot of green Armco barriers.  Granted I was on the highway going about 75 mph. but they were very obvious  to me.

What is WKA going to do?

Line them with hay bails?

I googled the track layout and it wasn’t paved yet in the satellite photo but it looks like it could be fun.

Looking forward to racing there if it is safe to do so.

Desmond Lewis
    Participant

The track has been paved, at least since middle of last year. If you go online you can find videos. I only live an hour from the track (well I did up until I moved for grad school two weeks ago) and it is a very developed track. If you look on youtube you will find both motorcycle and car videos.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Thanks Robby. The EKN duo has this marked on our travel plans for 2015, looking to enjoy a debut event at such a great facility.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor -
    FB Tweet Inst

Jeff Wesell
    Participant

Do those plans include bringing a kart down to run with us David?  🙂

Streeter Super Stands
    "Roll with The Best!"
    streetersupertands.com

David Cole
    Keymaster

A kart???? I’d like to race every race group if I could. 🙂

I’d like to do either Stock Leopard or the Stock Honda classes.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor -
    FB Tweet Inst

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication