Home Forums Audio/Video Section Contour v. GoPro???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kerry Matthews 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andrew Pachon
    Participant

I know of one guy who runs a contour and it looks like a sano set up. I haven’t seen a video but seeing the one guy’s attention to detail I am sure the vid is spot on.

Have any of you gone from one platform to the other? If so, rationale for the change?

Troy V Smith
    Participant

I have had both – originally I had the Contour. I really liked the various mounts available for the contour. But the problem I had with the Contour was the aweful distortion in the video caused by the engine/interferance noise. The still video was exceptional, but once the motor started, the waves were too distracting. Higher the rpm, the more significant the wave distortion. I tried moutning it in several areas, but the results were the same. The GoPro does not have that issue and also puts out an exceptional video. I can go back on older video and know immediately which camera was used just by the distortions.

Andrew Pachon
    Participant

Thanks for the info Troy. Do you use an editing software when you download your vids?

~Andy

Troy V Smith
    Participant

Hey Andy – you’re welcome.  Yes, for editing, I use “Cyberlink Media Suite 10″.  Great program that has multiple features at a very reasonable price – works very well with HD and wide screen formats.  One of my videos here in this forum “The NOLA folks” was all done with the Cyberlink Suite.

Kerry Matthews
    Participant

I went from GoPro to Contour.  I had a couple of Hero (non HD) cameras, then bought a Contour HD.  I like the video better from the Contour, but as stated above, there was some distortion… at first.  You can adjust the frame rate to 720 @ 60 fps, which greatly reduces the amount of distortion created by the vibration of the engine.  I now use 2 Contour + cameras on my kart.  I use Cyberlink Power Director 10 for my video editing, upgrading from the AVS Video Editor.  You can visit my Vimeo page to see my videos.

https://vimeo.com/71629310

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.