Home Forums 250 Superkarts Coil Mounts?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Harrison 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Hi,

Any suggestions on makes a good coil mount for CR250? I have the straight intake/adapter, so it would likely need to mount somewhere other than the intake boot bolts. Swedetech makes one, but I only see it listed for the CR125.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Morrison
    Participant

I use the Swedetech coil mount on mine works fine

nigel cooper
    Participant

I have mine mounted on a little aluminum plate held in place by 2 of the boot bolts.The coil is fastened to two vibrasorbers on the plate with a grounding strap.

Dan Davis
    Participant

I mount mine between the two unused tabs in front of the engine mount tabs.  These are below the pipe and to the right of the fuel tank.  My CDI is mounted down there as well.  I have an aluminized ceramic heat shield over the top of both to shield against radiant exh. heat.  I use two angles mounted to those with vibration isolators between the coil and the angles for mounting.  I don’t know if these tabs are on all years of Maverick chassis.  I just got tired of mounting the coil on the engine and ending up with periodic primary wire breakage at the connector.

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Thanks guys.

Mark – Are you saying the Swedetech primary coil mount for CR125 fits the 250 directly? I just want to be sure before I order. I found it on Fastech’s website.

<span style=”color: #333333;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Fastech-Racing<span style=”font-weight: bold;”> :: </span>Engine Parts<span style=”font-weight: bold;”> :: </span>Honda CR125 Parts<span style=”font-weight: bold;”> :: </span>CR125 Misc. Parts<span style=”font-weight: bold;”> :: Swedetech CR125 Coil Mount (Primary Cover)  </span></span></span>

Thanks,

Mark

Ian Harrison
    Participant

Can’t confirm if it will or won’t, but here’s Mark’s picture. Perhaps someone knows?

Not sure I like it there. We either mount off the Anderson engine mount or from a bracket between the clutch cover and water pump. Pics tomorrow.

Best Regards

Ian:-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.