Home Forums Audio/Video Section CMP race start FAIL

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joey Essma 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joey Essma
    Participant

Start of the recent Rotax Junior Pre-Final at Carolina Motorsports Park. No penalties were issued for contact.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Hi Joey,

First off, I hope everyone was ok, as that is the most important thing.

Second, this is a great learning video for drivers to review regarding starts. To me, that was a typical error by the #222, as he thought he was clear of the kart carrying the GoPro. I’m not sure if that driver continued, but that would typically be a routine penalty where they put the #222 behind the kart carrying the GoPro in the final results.

Joey Essma
    Participant

David,

Everyone was fine, other than my foot getting a bit bruised. My kart (the one with the GoPro) was destroyed. The front of the chassis was bent and the left front wheel was under the kart. We couldn’t race in the final. #222 ended up coming from the back and finishing second. She is a talented driver, just tends to have a lack of awareness. This is not the first time this has happened to me. There was other contact throughout the weekend, a few instances right in front of the race director, and no penalty was issued, which was confusing.

On another note, this is a great video on starts as you said. I made a major error in lifting just slightly so as to not get penalized for jumping the start.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.